Oklahoma law allows out of state MMJ cardholders to apply for a temporary license. But, there are some drawbacks to that. To begin, the license is only good for 30 days. After a month, it must be renewed. In addition, the cost is $100.00 each time. Certainly, it is best for those individuals who move to Oklahoma from out of state to skip the temporary license. For folks that are planning on staying for a while, applying for an Oklahoma OMMA MMJ card is a better idea.

Out of State MMJ Cardholders – Recreational and Medicinal

Physically and through experience, there is no difference between recreational and medical use of marijuana. However, legally there is a world of difference between the two. And so, it is important for out of state patients to understand that there are consequences for operating outside of the law. Although momentum has fully swung in its favor, medical marijuana is not yet legal in all fifty states. Understandably, some folks travel from out of state because of the local foliage. But, it is important to note that Oklahoma only allows therapeutic use of marijuana. If you want to partake in passing the pipe, you need a doctor’s recommendation. Out of state smokers need a temporary out of state license.

In Oklahoma, marijuana is approved for medical purposes alone. If you are from out of state and you want to use marijuana for recreation, that’s not legal. But, if you obtain a temporary out of state license or an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) card, you may smoke until your heart is content. If your doctor feels marijuana is the right treatment for you, Oklahoma has an avenue for you to join the medical marijuana community. Out of state MMJ Cardholders who have recently moved to Oklahoma should not pay $100.00 for a 30-day temporary card. Instead, save your money and get your Oklahoma medical marijuana card now. Contact Okie MMJ Doctor today.